Friday, October 23, 2009
Blog Updates
Originally I was going to follow Glenn Beck’s blog, but after looking more closely I realized that it is not updated very often. I went back to Fox New’s main blog page and found a blog called “On the Scene”. It is updated by many different correspondents with Fox on important issues. It is updated all day, every day, so there is a never a shortage of news to catch up on. The most recent blog was about a 7 yr old girl from northern Florida who disappeared while walking home from school a few days ago. Police found her body two days later in a trash heap. Investigators from local, state, and federal agencies are searching for her killer. The format of the blog is designed for people on-the-go, who want to stay up to date on important stories, but do not have the time to read the paper or watch the news. It is also written fairly simply, so it is easy to pick out the important facts without reading all the extra information. It’s also very right-wing conservative. The other blog I'm following is the Daily Dish. The most recent blog is about an advertisement in Britain. It shows a father reader his daughter a bedtime story about the consequences of CO2. In the story, there are little puppies drowning and rabbits crying because they do not have enough water to drink. I think the advertisement had good intentions, but it was plain creepy. Sullivan’s blog leans more to the left, but it is also designed to be read quickly because it is short and concise. Many different authors contribute to the blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey, I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoys listening to FOX News!
ReplyDeleteFox News can be really entertaining, too. They do certainly offer a perspective.
ReplyDeleteFollowing Beck wouldn't be a bad idea. He is a cultural force right now, and his take on the news draws wide attention. If you're interested in following him, you could simply check his Fox news website and watch his daily The One Thing comments. But as with everything we're reading in this course, it's good practice to be a skeptical and informed viewer.