Sunday, August 30, 2009
First Blog
I have never written a real blog before, so this is a brand new experience. I have posted some poems on MySpace, but it’s not quite the same. The most difficult part of creating the blog was I do not have internet at home. That is why my blog is so late. I live over thirty minutes from campus, and I have not found a place close to home with Wi-Fi. I had to wait until I had gas money to drive back to campus and do my homework. The most surprising part of creating a blog was all of the options. It was fun to fill out the questionnaire about my interests. There are a few similarities between blogging and making a MySpace or Facebook. The way that you can personalize your blog, like changing the back ground or filling out the “about me” section, is very similar to networking sites, but the main purpose is completely different. I use MySpace and Facebook to keep in touch with friends or as an easy way to keep everyone updated about what is going on in my life. Blogging is quite different. It requires more forethought. It is a great way to express yourself and your ideas in a way that is constructive and free for anyone to read. Blogging is a form of writing. In my opinion, it is something between a free-write and a personal expressive piece. Most of the time, I do not let people read my free-writes. When I write a blog, there is a little more pressure to write articulately, because I know other people are going to read it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment